Stan Hyman, PhD, LCSW
I am a licensed psychotherapist, Clinical Sexologist and life coach practicing in Miami, Florida. I originally practiced in New York City.
I work with couples (including business partners) helping them to change ineffective patterns of behavior, improve communication and create solutions. This often means learning how to create new patterns that bring about change, better understanding and respect between partners.
I also work with individuals (both male and female) including professionals, entrepreneurs, students and athletes helping them to enhance their performance and create more balance and harmony in their lives.
I specialize in the treatment of breaches of trust (affairs in particular) anxiety, depression, substance abuse and stress related problems. I work quickly to reduce the symptoms of distress or panic.
I am also a Board Certified Clinical Sexologist with an extensive knowledge of human sexuality. I help my clients resolve their sexual problems whether they stem from medical or interpersonal origins.
My style is focused and collaborative, helping clients balance their high stress lives and high performance expectations with the needs of family, friends and self.
I started my career as a teacher and spent a number of years working with kids of all ages. From teaching I entered the corporate world, working with large companies and learning their methods of operation.
I then became an entrepreneur and began building my own businesses. I created and grew three companies over a 20-year period and learned firsthand what it takes to deal with the enormous stress of maintaining high performance, good leadership and being your own boss.
After several years of self-exploration in psychotherapy, I realized how my own experiences could guide me in helping others. I became a psychotherapist and life coach while continuing my interest in the business community.
I was trained at Yeshiva University Graduate School in New York City, and did my internship at the Greenwich Institute for psychodynamic psychotherapy located in Greenwich Village in New York City and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, located in Washington Heights.
My professional training, association memberships and credentials include:
- Post graduate institute training in individual and marital therapy at the Institute for Marriage and Family Therapy (Jewish Board of Family and Children Services in New York City)
- Post Graduate training in couple therapy with The Couples Institute, Menlo Park, California.
- Certification in hypnosis (member of FSCH, Florida Society of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Level two training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Professional member of ADAA (Anxiety Disorders Association of America)
- Board Certification in Clinical Sexology (Diplomate of the American Board of Sexology)
- Years of training and working with substance abusers (including work as a senior family therapist and trainer at the Broward Addictions Recovery Centers)
- SAP (Substance Abuse Professional)
- CSW (Qualified Clinical Supervisor)
- Training in employee assistance work for many large companies; and other types of workshops and trainings related to my profession.
In addition to clinical and coaching practice I offer seminars and workshops on stress management, relationship building, and improving communication skills for couples and business partners.